• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Phdeac you need to see Split

Trust me

I just read the summary because there's no way I'm going to see it in theaters. Why would you say I need to see it? PM me.

Just finished The Invitation.

Phew.
That was a pretty good movie. Red lanterns hanging all over Trump's America. If you liked the intensity you should check out "They Look Like People" on Netflix.

Watched The Visit. Pretty creepy and, though I should have figured it out, enjoyed the twist. Old people are scary.

Saw Hidden Figures over the weekend. Easily the best movie I've seen all year. I normally don't care about awards, etc, but it was nice to read that it received the big SAG award over crap like La La Land.

We were bored and watched The Mechanic: Resurrection last night.

It was terribad. Pretty clear that a few big names needed to get a paycheck. Absolutely zero plot.

Saw Masterminds. It was fine, some decent laughs. I appreciated being able to recognize a lot of the local film locations.

Watched Florence Foster Jenkins (wife's choice) and The Lobster (my choice) yesterday. FFJ was charming enough I guess and Streep was great as per usual. Felt like something that would already have been a play (maybe it is). The Lobster was interesting and extremely strange. First half was better than the second half. Read a couple things about it afterwards but still not really sure what the filmmakers were trying to comment on throughout.

Watched 'It Follows' last night. Pretty creepy actually, available on Netflix streaming so I would recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

3 recent viewings:

Hidden Figures - a crowd pleaser (audience applauded at the end) and an enjoyable story. I'm not a believer in Taraji P. Henson's ability to carry a movie, and she was the star, but the rest of the cast compensated. Yet another movie/series with Mahashara Ali but not enough of him. It may well be a legit candidate for an Oscar, but I'd rank it clearly a tier below the truly elite of the year (Manchester and Moonlight).

The Nice Guys - on HBO now. Pretty damn good with a solid helping of humor, and I don't tend to think too many movies are funny any more. This one was. Gosling really surprised me with his comedic chops.

The Lobster - on Amazon Prime. Yeah it's weird, but not say, David Lynch weird, even if he was an inspiration. I found myself not caring what the creative team was really trying to say. I don't want to hate on it too much, because I acknowledge I didn't put forth the effort needed. So skip this if you just want to turn your brain off and be entertained, but check it out if you're feeling alert and ready to actively engage in the movie.

Also was pleasantly surprised with Gosling and Nice Guys, even though Crowe is so done he has a giant fork sticking out of the back of him.

Tried to watch the girl Ghostbusters. So, so bad.

Also was pleasantly surprised with Gosling and Nice Guys, even though Crowe is so done he has a giant fork sticking out of the back of him.

Tried to watch the girl Ghostbusters. So, so bad.

I liked Ghostbusters. Thought Leslie Jones stole it for sure, and McKinnon was solid.

Back